Wednesday, November 26, 2008

AND...BREAK!

So last night we picked up where we left off scene wise and worked through the rest of the play. Then we took a break and ran the whole show. Wanted to plant the whole picture in everyone's heads before we left for our three day break. I feel like we're right where we need to be. Honestly, though, that's not always the most comfortable place to be. The play will come into sharp focus suddenly and then two minutes later its just not there any more. Which is right where we need to be right now. And what rehearsals are all about. Yadda, yadda, yadda. And really, this is what I like about making theater--the live-ness of it--that you work on this medium with other people--it's not you and your words or you and your footage. But but like I said, it's not always the most comfortable place to be. Also, it might be wise to bring some in some Clif bars or something to munch on. Interestingly, the further we get into the piece the more I'm discovering how complex it is under the surface which is, of course, what gives it it's depth. Chris is seeing that too.
My brain is starting to turn into a hunk of fudge though (and I suspect I'm alone in this experience) so I'm glad we're getting a breather. Friday I'm going to record all the internal sound cues. Saturday we load the set in and start putting it up. Cast will meet again at 7.
Our good friend Ed Bodey did some pig tale images. Check them out.
I love them both. The first one is...strangely inspiring....



No comments: